The big photo convention season is quickly approaching and I am getting so excited about meeting new friends and catching up with old ones! One thing that always bums me out after convention season is how many emails I get from people who were too shy to come up and introduce themselves to me (believe it or not, some people are under the impression that I am one of the cool kids. lol.) I thought it would be fun to sort of break the ice ahead of time and give you all a little glimpse of who I am (definitely not a cool kid!), so we have something to talk about in Vegas.
I am (embarrassingly) addicted to US Weekly and always love their “25 Things You Don’t Know About Me” features, so I thought I’d make a little list for myself.
1. I am addicted to Burt’s Bees lip balm.
2. I love Gin, but it makes me a crazy woman, so I don’t drink it anymore.
3. “24″ is one of my favorite shows, but it really bothers me that Jack Bauer has never, in 8 seasons, eaten or taken a drink of water. I am now obsessed with Jack’s nutritional intake.
4. My parents bred Australian Shepherds when I was growing up and we always had at least 7 or 8 dogs.
5. Kids called me “Chenin the Dog Girl” in school
6. I met my husband, Doug, in middle school. He was the best friend of my boyfriend at the time (woopsies.)
7. It took me 3 years to convince Doug that he was in love with me. I think he finally just gave up.
8. My son is named after the artist, Maxfield Parrish, and the famous Chicago Cub, Ernie Banks.
9. I secretly hope Maxfield grows up to be a dork.
10. I refuse to eat American cheese, because, in the 6th grade, a bully put it in my hair. (Told you I am not a cool kid.)
11. My grandfather was a photographer and used to let me play in his darkroom when I was little.
12. If there was plastic surgery for shortness, I would do it.
13. I am currently eating an Atomic Fireball for the first time in 20 years. It’s spicy as hell.
14. I am sort of just making this stuff up so I have something to blog (don’t judge. you do it too.)
15. I love Cat Stevens’ music but right now I am listening to Ice Cube’s “Amerikkka’s Most Wanted.”
16. I am an enigma.
17. My favorite book is “Franny and Zooey,” by J.D. Salinger.
18. I love champagne and dark beer.
19. My heart has stopped on more than one occasion.
20. I am a sushi snob.
21. My first car was a 1987 Mazda RX-7, which I crashed at least 3 times. One time, I hit a Samoan lady with it and she almost kicked my ass
22. I have an irrational fear of birds. I am disgusted by their feet (which is why the bird in my logo has none) and I am convinced that they carry disgusting germs.
23. I am a germaphobe.
24. I am not a rock star.
25. I sometimes wish I was a bank robber, because I want to scale walls in a tight black suit.
So that’s it…. 25 things you don’t know about me.
I will be posting later this week with my speaking schedule at WPPI! Hope to see you there!
Contact Me * My Portfolio * Stuff for Photographers